Migrate WordPress website by using All-in-One WP Migration – step by step guide line
Migrate WordPress website by using All-in-One WP Migration – Before going through the process we should need to know what is WordPress migration and why it is needed in our daily development life?
WordPress Migration is a process to transfer or migrate WordPress website from one hosting to another hosting or one domain to another domain. But we don’t want to lose any functionality of our website. The fact is that when we transfer or migrate WordPress website then some functionality may not work. It can be the lack of experience of migration or something has missed when migrating the site. This article will show you how to migrate WordPress website by using All-in-One WP Migration plugin – step by step.
Migrate WordPress website by using All-in-One WP Migration
Why we migrate WordPress: There can be several causes that we want to transfer or migrate WordPress website. some of are
1) We want to change the hosting for better performance
2) Maybe we got some offers from other hosting company where security and cost will be efficient.
3) Our hosting may expire and we don’t want to continue with them.
4) We have bought a new domain and want to transfer the old website in our new domain.
5) Maybe we have developed our website on demo site or local machine and after completion, want to migrate the WordPress website on our actual server. So, let’s see how can We do migration WordPress website by using All-in-One WP Migration plugin – step by step. There are two parts
- A) Export from the old site and B) Import in the new site
Migrate WordPress website by using All-in-One WP Migration – Expert
Step 1: Login to your WordPress website and log in as administrator. Form the admin menu, Go to plguins->Add New and search “all in one wp migration” Click install and active.
Step 2: After activation plugin Go to All-in-One WP Migration–>backup from the left site admin menu list. Follow the picture.
Step 3: When you click the backup there is an option named Export with the dropdown list. When we want to migrate WordPress then we have to click Export to->File. All-in-One WP Migration will start to export the site. It will take several minutes depends on the total size of the site.
Step 4: After finished the export it will popup the download link with the size of the site. Click to the link to download the site.
Migrate WordPress website by using All-in-One WP Migration – Import the site
Step 1: Login as admin on the new site
Step 2: Install and active All-in-one migration plugin as before.
Step 3: Navigate All-in-one migration and select Import from the dropdown list. Select the backup file which we have downloaded earlier and click Import.
Step 4: It will show a warning message that current database and setting will over right click Proceed. It will start uploading the site. It will take several depending on the file size.
Step 5: After successful import, it will show the popup to set up permalinks. Click permalinks setting and it will take you on permalinks setting. Save the permalinks.
Step 6: Congratulations!! If everything ok then your WordPress site is perfect as before. Browse the site and enjoy.
In this tutorial, we have learned how to migrate WordPress website by using All in one migration plugin – step by step.
Why I will use All in one migration plugin: First of all, It is free, anyone can download and use it from WordPress repository. The main advantage to using All-in-One WP Migration plugin is simplicity. Anyone can migrate the site by using it. No tech knowledge is needed and the success rate of all-in-one migration is very high.
Limitations of All-in-one migration:
1) Upload Limit: All-in-one WP Migration has pro version. In the free version, you can only upload 512 MB.If you want to upload greater then 512 MB then have to buy their Pro version. But there is the way to increase upload limit of All-in-one WP migration plugin.
2) All-in-One WP migration import stuck: Sometimes All-in-one WP Migration import stuck for several causes. There is an article about how to solve All-in-on WP migration stuck problem solution.
Thank you to read the article. Enjoy your WordPress website and stay connected with Your WP Expert.